Are Wedding Favors Necessary? What's Their Purpose?


Should you forego buying wedding favors and spend the money on some other aspect of the wedding? Are wedding favors appreciated by guests? Here's my opinion on the subject:

I recently came across a post in a forum where one member was advising another member to forego giving wedding favors and use the money on another aspect of the wedding. This member stated that in all the weddings she's attended, the favors have been thrown away (I suppose she followed all guests home) or unappreciated (she apparently overheard guests saying "I don't appreciate this favor").

I've attended many, many weddings and was always impressed by a well presented wedding favor. I've also received my share of unattractive and inappropriate wedding favors as well. I felt compelled to add my two cents to the forum and added a response saying that wedding favors are a symbol of gratitude to your guests for sharing your wedding day. Wedding favors leave a lasting impression of your wedding. They also allow you to add a personal touch to your wedding.

Now, that being said, it's important for couples to select favors that are meaningful or useful to the recipients. They don't have to be expensive. I've received personalized bookmarks, wine stoppers, notepads, and other practical wedding favors. These favors served the three functions that a favor is supposed to: (1) I felt that the couple appreciated my attendance at their wedding; (2) The favor was something that I could use; (3) Because the favors were personalized, I thought of the newlyweds when I used them.

Consumable products make excellent wedding favors as well. Who wouldn't appreciate a piece or two of gourmet chocolate in an exquisite favor box or packets of coffee, tea or cider with personalized labels? Candies wrapped in squares of tulle and tied with ribbon are an old standby if couples are at a loss for ideas.

If funds are limited, wedding favors can serve double duty as part of the reception table decorations. Group attractively packaged favors in the center of the table or place on a pedestal plate and instruct guests to take one as they leave.


Visit us at ThingsFestive.com

Related Site

-Online Wedding Planner

-Photographers Weddings




Documento sin título




Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Wedding Favors Bubble Flower

Homemade favors for weddings can be inexpensive without looking cheap. Wedding Favors like these are perfect for planning a wedding on a budget. This one turns a bottle of bubbles into a Bubble Flower.

Title: Wedding Candle Favors

http://www.wedding-favours.ca Choose from elegant wedding candle favors that are unique to personalize your reception.



A blog all about Canadian Weddings







0 comments:

Post a Comment